Sentient Foams Overview
Combining new aliphatic foam materials with novel processing, has created advance opportunities in wound dressing design that have previously not been possible. Until now…
Combining new aliphatic foam materials with novel processing, has created advanced opportunities in wound dressing design that have previously not been possible. Until now…
Sentient foam has impressive performance characteristics and prevents yellowing, or discoloring, during the sterilization process. The foam exhibits market leading breathability, softness, fluid absorption rate, fluid capacity and is fully compliant with current safety regulations.
Sentient foam is also unique in that it can be shaped during manufacture through ‘Dynamic Flow Technology.’ This patented process can be used to create areas for the channeling of exudate to maximize wear time and to improve conformability. It also creates multiple possibilities for the incorporation of additional materials in line.
The foam chemistry and innovative manufacturing process make lamination of additional layers straightforward. All this can be achieved during the manufacturing process, eliminating costly downstream lamination.
With the ability to incorporate various substrates into the construction during manufacture, the cost benefits can be significant, and with Sentient’s ability to manufacture dressings, these benefits can deliver highly cost-effective finished dressings.
Whether it is a standard product, or a specific design with tailored properties, the team at TC Transcontinental is eager to discuss your opportunities. Contact us.
- Product Code – S2000R – 2mm Hydrophilic Foam with Non-Woven Layer
- Product Code – S2500 – 2.5mm Hydrophilic Foam
- Product Code – S3000R – 3mm Hydrophilic Foam with Non-Woven Layer
- Product Code – S3015 -3mm Hydrophilic Foam with 15u Pink PU Film
- Product Code – S4000R – 4mm Hydrophilic Foam with Non-Woven Layer
- Product Code – S5015R – 5mm Hydrophilic Foam with Non-Woven Layer + PU Film
- Product Code – S7000 – 7mm Hydrophilic Foam